Langley fire: Elderly man sent to hospital, resident says smoke alarms didn’t go off

    Is your garage door not opening or stuck wide open? Looking for a professional repair technician?

    Get in touch with our garage door repair team and help is on it’s way! When it comes to garage door repair in Vancouver and its surroundings, Better leave it up to the professionals. For a FREE quote and estimate..

    CALL NOW: ☎️ (778) 654 6470

    Or, fill out this form and we will contact you shortly




    Show us the damage: Send us some photos for a FREE cost estimate.

    Langley fire: Elderly man sent to hospital, resident says smoke alarms didn’t go off

    How To Open Garage Door Manually

    LANGLEY, B.C. —
    Langley City Fire and Rescue Services says an elderly man has been taken to hospital after an early morning fire in a mixed-use building.

    The flames broke out shortly after 2 Friday morning on 57A Avenue near 198 Street.

    The building is located in an industrial area of Langley.

    It has businesses on the bottom and several residential suites on the top.

    One resident told CTV News he was sleeping at the time and was only woken up by the sound of sirens and that smoke alarms did not go off.

    By the time he got up, he could smell the smoke and see larges plumes billowing out of the building.

    He said he only had a matter of seconds to get out.

    Six residents were evacuated and one elderly man was taken to hospital for an underlying health condition.

    Fire officials believe the fire started in the garage of Slapshot Signs.

    “It was a challenging fire because it’s in an industrial building with residential above and it’s well fortified,” said Deputy Chief Scott Kennedy, of Langley City Fire and Rescue Services.

    He says his crew worked quickly to stop the fire from spreading.

    “It was a little bit tough making entry, but they managed to get pretty good entry and knock down on the building fairly early.”

    Firefighters could be seen using a power saw to pry a garage door open and find the source of the fire.

    “The damage is fairly extensive in the area of origin and then heavy smoke damage throughout the rest of the…

    Read more at bc.ctvnews.ca

    Hope you enjoyed our article titled Langley fire: Elderly man sent to hospital, resident says smoke alarms didn’t go off. Besides “Langley fire: Elderly man sent to hospital, resident says smoke alarms didn’t go off”, feel free to browse our blog for more great content. Vancouver Overhead Doors.

    Recommended articles

    Industrial Garage Door Repair Company

    Get Your Dad a New Garage Door This Father’s Day

    Father’s Day is the perfect day to recognize your dad and thank him for everything that he has done for you and your family. While most people get their dad a new baseball cap, a tie, or a steak dinner, if you really want to

    Broken Garage Door Rollers Repair

    Families targeted by racist graffiti in East Vancouver

    Police are investigating after several East Vancouver homes were targeted with racist graffiti.  Karen Rai and her family are among the residents who recently found their properties spray-painted with hateful messages in the area of Skeena Street and 23rd Avenue. Rai and her husband were

    How To Open Garage Door Manually

    Why California Actually Legislated Garage Door Safety

    In recent years, climate change and ground water debts have made California more susceptible to wildfires than ever. According to the state’s statistics, there were over 9,900 incidents in 2020 that burned a total of 4.26 million acres and damaged or destroyed well over 10,000